NURTURING SKILLS AND BUILDING CONFIDENCE IN THE WATER
For more than 160 years, the YMCA has nurtured potential and united communities across America to create lasting, meaningful change. Everything the Y does is in service of building a better us. One of the most effective ways to accomplish this is to teach youth, teens, and adults to swim, so they can stay safe around water and learn the skills they need to make swimming a lifelong pursuit for staying healthy. Y swim instructors are nationally certified. Their training includes CPR, AED, First Aid and Oxygen administration. Swim lessons provide important life skills that could will benefit students for a lifetime.
Levels 1-3 Adult/Child Lessons (Ages 5yr+)
Lessons will take place in the shallow end and last 30 minutes. The adult in the water will work hands-on with the child under the guidance of the instructor.
Session Dates: 8/17/2020 - 9/6/2020
Pricing: $24/3 30min swim lessons/Pav YMCA Member
$48/3 30min swim lessons/Pav YMCA Guest
Adults should be able to:
- Participate in each lesson.
- Handle themselves and the child in whatever water depths and conditions in which the activity is taking place.
- Respond to a situation where the child needs help, such as an unexpected submersion.
If you are interested in participating in Adult/Child Lessons, please fill out a registration form here. Upon completion, you will be contacted by our aquatics department to determine the best day and time for your lessons.
Levels 4-6 - Jr. Poseidons
- 6 x 45 minute lessons
- Must be able to swim the length of the pool, 25 yds, without assistance.
Session Dates: 8/17/2020 - 9/6/2020
Pricing: $60/3 swim lessons
If you are interested in participating, please fill out a registration form here. Upon completion, you will be contacted by our aquatics department to determine the best day and time for your lessons.
Private Swim Lessons- All Ages
1:1 Private Lessons $128/member $256/guest
Semi Private Lessons $64/member $128/guest per swimmer
- Price covers 4 private lessons from July 20-Aug 14
- Lessons are 30 minutes each
- Semi-private lesson participants must live in same household
Safety Guidelines for All programs
> Come in your swimsuit. Locker rooms are currently closed due to COVID-19.
> 1 adult allowed per swimmer.
> All swimmers will be assigned spots upon arrival.
> Social distancing will be enforced.
If you are unsure of a child's swim level, please contact Nicole Russell at 708.749.0606 ext. 323 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children under the age of 5 years may sign up for private swim lessons upon request.
Lap Lane Swimming
• Reservations are needed fo swimming can be made online through https://sportscarnival.com/clubs/pav_ymca
• Lap swimming will only be available to individuals 16 years of age and older.
• Reservations can be made for 45 minute increments. Reservations start at the top of the hour.
• Swimmers are limited to one time slot per day to ensure everyone has an opportunity to reserve a time to swim. • Please cancel or reschedule your time if you cannot make your reservation.
Preparing to Swim
• Do not come to the Y if you, or a member of your household does not feel well.
• Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer) or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, before going to the pool.
• Wear your swimsuit to and from the pool. The locker rooms will be closed.
• Arrive as close as possible to when your reservation begins.
• It is required that you wear a face mask before entering the facility.
• Bring a full water bottle to avoid touching a tap or water fountain handle. Water fountains will be closed.
• If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve/arm area.
• Swimmers in odd numbered lanes enter the water from the shallow end and swimmers in even numbered lanes enter from the deep end of the pool.
• Follow directions for spacing and stay at least six feet apart from others. Swimmers are expected to swim in the middle of the lane to allow for maximum distance between other swimmers.
• Do not make physical contact with others, such as shaking hands or giving a high five.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Avoid sharing food, drinks, or towels.
• Maintain appropriate physical distancing from other swimmers when taking a break.
• Do not share equipment. Bring your own equipment (kickboard, pull buoy, etc.) to the pool if possible. • Facility equipment will be limited to kickboards, noodles and pull buoys only.
• If used, place facility equipment on “Used Equipment” shelf for disinfecting.
• Leave the facility as soon as reasonably possible after your swim.
• Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after leaving the pool. Hand sanitizer is available when entering the lobby and exiting the facility.
• Do not use the deck bathroom as a changing area.
• Shower at home. The locker rooms will be closed.
• Remember to take all of your equipment and personal items with you. All non-valuable items (towels, suits, goggles, etc.) will be thrown away daily.
• No congregation after swimming.
• Exit at designated exit area. Do not exit through other doors in the facility.
Reservations will be for 30 minutes of swimming. There is a 15 minute break in between reservations to allow staff to clean for everyone's safety.
Safety Policies and Procedures:
- All family members must be active Pav YMCA members.
- Each Family Pod reservation will provide families with a designated pool and deck space.
- Max of 6 family members that reside in the same household per Family Pod. If family size is greater than 6 individuals, the family must reserve an additional Pod.
- Social distancing will be expected at all times.
- Life jackets are available for use.
- Families should bring own toys/equipment.
- Locker rooms will not be available for use. Please come ready to swim.
- All swimmers will exit via the East side door leading out to the parking lot.
- All Open Swim policies apply.
- Family Swim is only available during time slots for Family Swim – Not lap swimming or Aqua Fitness time slots.
Our swim team provides swimmers ages 6-21 with an opportunity to improve their swimming ability, remain physically fit, and build relationships. In training and at swim meets, we focus on developing sportsmanship as well as the YMCA Core Values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Pav YMCA Membership is required for participation in team activities.
PAV YMCA POSEIDONS SWIM TEAM - SUMMER 2020 REGISTRATION
SWIM TEAM FEES
1. YMCA Membership: All swim team participants must be a full privilege member of the Pav YMCA.
2. Program Fee: Pay Pav YMCA Poseidons Swim Team fees, either in full during the registration week or in 2 payments. Additional children from the same family will receive a 10% discount. Discount will be applied to the lowest fees. NOTE: Program fees cover July 6- Aug14. Pay in full option: Payments made in full by 7/10.
Payment option: Monthly payments must be paid at the front desk before 7/10 & 8/5
Full Payment (1st Child): $200 on 7/6/2020
Partial Payments (1st Child): $100 before 7/10/2020 and 8/5/2020
● Swimmers will register online for their practice time https://sportscarnival.com/clubs/pav_ymca/categories/SwimTeam
● All swimmers will enter and exit the building through the parking lot side door
● A coach will temp check them before entering
● Kickboards and pull buoys will be provided. Bringing your own equipment is encouraged. There will be no fins or paddles provided by the Y.
● Come in your swim suit. No swimmer will be allowed to the locker rooms.
● All swimmers will be assigned seats upon arrival. Social distancing will be enforced.
For questions or to register please contact Nicolle Russell at email@example.com or 708.749.0606 ext. 323
Life Jacket Program
Are you participating in an activity that requires you to have a US Coast Guard approved life jacket? We can help! The Pav YMCA has partnered with the Sea Tow Foundation to offer this FREE program to our community.
For more information or to borrow a life jacket, please contact Nicole Russell, Aquatics Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 708.749.0606 ext. 323