We’re more than just a gym. Joining the Y means belonging to a cause. Become a member and get involved.
We give children, adults, and families the opportunity to learn and grow while making communities healthier and stronger. A membership with the Y means more.
Questions? Please contact JR Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-749-0606 x318.
Your Pav YMCA Membership Includes:
- Unlimited visits to the Pav YMCA
- Babysitting 2 hours per day
- Citizenship Study Group
- Dance Studio
- Early Program Registration and Discounts
- Fitness Equipment for Ages 13+
- GED Study Group
- Indoor Pool
- Indoor Track
- Racquetball Courts
- Senior Lunch Program
- Teen Center
- Unlimited visits to participating YMCA's in Illinois (except YMCA of Metro Chicago)
Our membership options are flexible and fit a variety of needs.
- Family: $64 per month, $125 joiner fee
- Single Parent Family: $52 per month, $125 joiner fee
- Couple: $52 per month, $125 joiner fee
- Adult Individual: $40 per month, $100 joiner fee
- Youth: $25 per month, $25 joiner fee
- Men’s Gold: $63* per month, $120 joiner fee
- Women’s Gold: $49* per month, $120 joiner fee
Family is defined as two adults in a committed relationship residing in the same household address with dependent children who are 20 years of age or younger (unless a child is less than 23 years of age and provides proof of enrollment as a full-time student each year). At the age of 23, full-time student children are removed from family membership. Additional adults living in the same household can be added to our Family Plus membership for $12 per month per additional adult.
Single Parent Family is defined as one adult with dependent children who are 20 years of age or younger (unless child is less than 23 years of age and provides proof of enrollment as a full-time student each year). At the age of 23, full-time student children are removed from family membership.
Couple is defined as two adults in a committed relationship residing in the same household address 19 or older.
Adult Individual is defined as anyone age 19 or older and not part of a family membership.
Youth is defined as anyone age 18 or younger and that is not part of a family membership.
*Gold Membership is for the use of adult-only locker rooms for ages 21 and older; additionally–for men’s gold membership–this includes steam room access.
Membership fees are debited via monthly bank draft or via debit/credit card (please see Rates for monthly totals).
Annual payments may be made instead of monthly payments:
- Family: $756 per year + $125 joiner fee=$881 total
- Single Parent Family: $612 per year + $125 joiner fee=$737 total
- Couple: $612 per year + $125 joiner fee=$737 total
- Adult Individual: $468 per year + $100 joiner fee=$568 total
- Youth: $288 per year + $25 joiner fee=$313 total
- Men’s Gold: $744 per year + $120 joiner fee=$864 total
- Women’s Gold: $576 per year + $120 joiner fee=$696 total
The joiner fee is only paid once at the time of registration. If your membership lapses for a considerable amount of time, you may need to pay the joiner fee again.
Looking to purchase a membership for someone else? It is possible to purchase a gift certificate for another person’s membership. Gift certificates are available through the front desk.
Men's Gold Membership
Gold Membership provides access to adult-only locker rooms for men ages 21+.
For men’s gold membership, exclusive steam room access is also included; the only entrance to the steam room is through the men’s gold locker room.
Women's Gold Membership
Gold Membership provides access to adult-only locker rooms for women ages 21+.
Towel service is available monthly for Gold Members, or per day for all members.
Here’s how it works: You’ll receive two clean towels at the beginning of your first visit with towel service. When you’re ready to leave for the day, exchange them at the welcome box for clean ones. Store your clean towels in your locker or in your car for your next visit. Towels must be returned upon each visit to continue participating in towel service.
$2 per month or $24 annually
Have you ever forgotten to bring your towel? There’s no need to go back home. Two of our clean fluffy towels are available for one-time rentals at our welcome box. Towel Rental is for members and guests who don’t have Gold Membership. Towels must be returned at the end of your visit.
$2 per use
Interested in Gold Membership or towel services? Check our rates and request a custom tour.
For more information, contact JR Anderson at 708.749.0606 x318.
Nationwide Membership enables Pav YMCA members to visit any participating YMCA in the United States through their membership with us.
There is no additional cost to Pav YMCA members to utilize visitation at other YMCA's.
To preserve the safety of our community inside the Pav YMCA's building, we conduct regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, to end program participation, and to remove visitation access.
Notice: by participating in the YMCA Nationwide Membership Program, you agree to release the National Council of Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America, and its independent and autonomous member associations in the United States and Puerto Rico, from claims of negligence for bodily injury or death in connection with the use of YMCA facilities, and from any liability for other claims, including loss of property, to the fullest extent of the law.
For questions about Nationwide Membership, please see the contact information above.
Refer a Friend Program
Working out with a friend helps you both stay on track to a healthier lifestyle and it’s more fun! Refer a friend to join the Y and you’ll receive one month free when they continue membership for 3 months. Contact JR at 708-749-0606 x318 for details.
Scholarship Program (Financial Assistance)
Financial assistance, also known as “scholarship,” is offered based upon your last income tax filing and/or present income. Ask for an application at our front desk or download an application here. For Spanish click here.
A completed scholarship application and proof of income must be submitted each year.
If you are currently a scholarship member, please resubmit your updated form at least one month prior to your anticipated renewal date.
Policies & Guidelines
- Pav YMCA reserves the right to suspend or cancel a membership if the member’s behavior or language is judged to be in conflict with the welfare of other members, guests or staff or the YMCA’s mission.
- Children age 9 years and under must be accompanied by a parent at all times if not signed in to a program.
Pav YMCA does not carry medical, accident or loss of personal property insurance for any program participant, member or guest, as this would drastically increase the cost of our program fees. Please review your insurance policies that protect you and your family to be certain that proper coverage is in place to protect you and your family.
Pav YMCA classes and events are photographed for promotional purposes. If you wish to be excluded, please advise a staff person or the photographer.
- Pav YMCA memberships, joiner fees, program deposits and gift certificates are not refundable.
- Credit vouchers can be applied to any YMCA program and can be used by any family member. They are NOT redeemable for cash and are NOT transferable between memberships.
- Vouchers expire 6 months from date of issue.
MAKE-UP/MISSED CLASS POLICIES
- Classes missed for any reason will not be made up, credited or refunded. Attendance is the responsibility of the participant.
- There is no make-up for holidays or days that the YMCA is closed.
LATE/PRORATED CLASS FEE POLICIES
- Registrations for classes during or after the second week of the session are subject to a $5 late fee.
- Class fees will not be prorated if registering after the session has already begun.
CLASS CREDIT/REFUND POLICIES
- Payment for programs is required at time of registration in order to secure your enrollment.
- A full credit or refund can be issued if the class is canceled by the Y. All credits and refunds requested by the participant are subject to a $5 processing fee.
- A credit or refund will be issued to participants choosing to withdraw from a program 1 week before the session begins. All credits and refunds requested by the participant are subject to a $5 processing fee.
- Refunds or credits will not be issued to participants who withdraw from a program beyond a week prior to session start unless accompanied by a doctor’s note. All credits and refunds requested by the participant are subject to a $5 processing fee.
- No credit or refund will be issued for individual classes canceled due to weather. Canceled classes will be rescheduled or made-up when possible based on the recommendation of the Program Director or departmental policies.
- Please allow at least three weeks for refunds via check. Credit/Refund requests that are submitted must be approved by the Program/Membership Director and endorsed by the Associate Executive Director and Executive Director. All requests are subject to denial.
CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY
- We reserve the right to cancel, reschedule or combine classes that do not have sufficient enrollment.
- In the event a class is canceled for the session, a full refund or credit will be issued. Participants will be notified at least 24 hours prior to the first class meeting.
- A make-up class will be provided at the directors discretion, when possible, if the YMCA cancels a class.
- Members 16 years of age and above may use the Wellness Center. For safety purposes, children under the age of 13 are not allowed in the Wellness Center unless approved by the Healthy & Wellness Director
- All youth ages 13-15 interested in utilizing the Wellness Center must complete a FitKid orientation with the adult who will be responsible for him/her. After orientation, they will receive a card that will allow them to use the cardio equipment only under the direct supervision of an adult guardian. Use of free weights and/or weight resistance machines will not be allowed.
- Be courteous and respectful of others to ensure a comfortable atmosphere for everyone.
- On stacked-weight machines, allow other members to perform a set while you are at rest.
- Avoid banging weights on stacked machines.
- Dropping free weights and/or dumbbells on the floor is prohibited. • Re-rack weights, dumbbells, and other equipment when finished.
- Clean machines and equipment when you are finished. • Use respectful language at all times. Derogatory and obscene language will not be tolerated.
- Keep gym bags, backpacks, purses, and other personal items in a locker or on the hooks provided. Reducing clutter will provide more space in the Wellness Center for exercising.
- Treat equipment with respect. Individuals who misuse equipment are subject to membership termination.
- Other rules, guidelines, or safety precautions are at the discretion of the Health and Wellness Department.
- For you and your child’s safety, children under the age of 13 cannot utilize the track unless accompanied by a Y program staff, parent, guardian or responsible adult. STRETCHING AREA NEAR INDOOR TRACK We ask that parents do not allow small children to play in the stretching area at any time. This area is designated for adults to use before and after working out.
FAMILY FITNESS TIME
- We understand the importance of family time and strongly encourage you and your family to exercise together. The track is available from 4:30pm-7:00pm Monday-Friday and 10:30am-12:30pm SaturdaySunday for families. It is for the well-being of all members and guests, and for the protection and safety of children under the age of 12, that after 7:00pm children must be in a family, youth or program service area at all times.