A Personal Trainer helps clients achieve their fitness and health goals through motivation and education. Part-time, $20-25/hour.
They assess various populations, create exercise plans, and run their clients through fitness routines with the drive to improve their health and wellness. The primary responsibility is to teach their clients proper exercise form while educating about their physical wellness.
Personal Trainers provide customer service to members and guests with the cardio, strength, and stretching areas of the Wellness Center. They also pass along their expertise to members and guests when opportunities arise. Personal Trainers supervise the Wellness Center and the entire second floor of the Pav YMCA, they provide help when asked, and are able to respond to questions, concerns, and emergencies.
- High school, GED, or equivalent required, bachelor's degree in Exercise Science or related field is preferred.
- Personal Trainers’ Certification from a nationally recognized organization (ACSM, NSCA, etc.)
- At least 100 hours of personal training completed
- CPR, First Aid, AED (must obtain within 90 days of employment)
- New Employee Orientation (must obtain within 90 days of employment)
- Department Specific Redwoods Trainings (must obtain within 90 days of employment)
*It is the responsibility of the employee to obtain and maintain all certifications required to perform this position, in accordance with Pav YMCA guidelines.
- Demonstrate the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility
- Create and ensure safe and welcoming environment
- Perform fitness consultations for all new members and prospective clients
- Maintain weekly schedule of appointments
- Log all activities performed during each training session
- Regularly assess clients to track progress
- Utilize various areas of the YMCA with the ability to manage space during training sessions
- Remain educated and up to date on current and new fitness trends and training applications
- Organized, professional, and motivated to stay active and help others with their fitness and wellness goals
- Attend training when appropriate
- Promote proper Wellness Center and Fitness Floor policies and procedures to all members and guests in a respectful manner
- Assist and communicate with all populations of people regardless of race, age, and special needs
- Organize and Clean Wellness Center, Spin Studio, Track, etc. during all shifts
- Walk around and engage members and guests, offer help when needed or asked
- Help with staffing issues in terms of subbing, starting group exercise classes, etc.
- Complete a log of daily happenings during the assigned shift, report problems with equipment, member satisfaction, etc. to the Health & Wellness Director
- Respond quickly and efficiently to any emergencies or injuries that occur
- Promote YMCA special events, signature events, and campaigns
- Perform all tasks to the best of your ability and with a positive attitude
- Other duties assigned by the Health & Wellness Director, Senior Program Director and/or Executive Director
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and completed Employment Application to:
Health & Wellness Department
708.740.0606 ext 320