Excellent Full-time opportunity for a skilled Maintenance Technician to join our YMCA team. Discover your potential with a career at the Y!
We are seeking a Full-time Skilled Maintenance Technician to join our YMCA team. Under the direction of the Building and Grounds Director, this individual performs basic to complex maintenance duties to ensure building equipment and property are in good operating condition, including conducting minor electrical and plumbing repairs, HVAC repairs, equipment repairs, painting, and assisting with general cleaning of the facilities. S/he will collaborate with the Aquatics Directors on regularly scheduled pool inspections to ensure proper and efficient working order at all times. This individual will assist in coordinating and scheduling pool and equipment maintenance and repairs.
The Maintenance Technician also assists the Building and Grounds Director to resolve any safety maintenance concerns immediately. S/he will monitor daily operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety standards and policies. This individual may have responsibilities related to purchasing equipment, parts and supplies that are approved by the purchase requisition process and budgeted guidelines. S/he maintains compliance with required documentation of MSDS manual and all OSHA standards, as well as remains knowledgeable of all safety and risk management procedures and responds appropriately as trained in emergency situations. This individual must be courteous, and able to efficiently communicate with all members, staff, peers, volunteers, guests, and leadership. Previous experience working in a spa, health club or customer service environment is preferred.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in building maintenance, grounds keeping and/or general repair experience required.
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to think and respond quickly to issues or member need.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks.
· Highly motivated.
· Detailed Oriented.
· Good interpersonal, organization and professional skills.
· Must meet Association appearance and dress code standards
· Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications (willing to obtain within 30 days of hire).
· Additional training and/or certification in HVAC, pool operations, plumbing or electrical is a plus.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions. The physical activities of this position include: stooping, kneeling, and repetitive motions. The incumbent must be able to perform medium work: exerting up to 75 lbs.
The individual may work both indoors and outdoors in this position.
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to:
2947 Oak Park Ave
Resumes Accepted Until: Dec. 20, 2019