For more information regarding Senior Services please contact Trina Valencia at ext. 351 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathy Kozlick at ext. 340 or email@example.com
Senior Lunch Cafe
SENIOR LUNCH CAFÉ
We are home to our area’s senior lunch program, providing a hot and nutritious lunch Monday through Friday, 11am-1pm, for adults age 60+. We provide much more than a meal--our program offers older adults vital camaraderie and socialization opportunities that reduce isolation and increase the ability to live independently. A donation of $3.00 per meal is suggested.
Funding (in whole/part) for this publication is provided through an award from Age Options through grants from the Illinois Department of Aging and/or Administration for Community Living, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under Title III of the Older Americans Act.
The Pav YMCA and Age Options do not discriminate in admission to programs or treatment of employment in programs or activities in compliance with the Illinois Human Rights Act; the U.S. Civil Rights Act; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act; The Age Discrimination Act; The Age Discrimination in Employment Act; and the U.S. and Illinois Constitution. If you feel you have been discriminated against, you have the right to file a complaint with the Illinois Department on Aging. For information, call 1-800-252-8966 (Voice and TDD) or contact the Age Options Civil Rights Coordinator at (708) 383-0258.
Senior Choice Markets
SENIOR CHOICE MARKETS
We have partnered with the Greater Chicago Food Depository to provide Choice Markets for seniors. Choice Markets are similar to farmer's markets; however, at Choice markets, seniors age 60+ get free nutritious whole foods and fresh produce. Choice Markets are held the first and third Thursday of each month, 12:30-2pm.
*dates may vary due to GCFD schedule
**A driver’s license or state ID must be provided at time of pick up.
Senior Event Schedule
• October 22nd-Sweetest Day Party @11am/$5.00-Register by 10/17
• October 25th-Senior Haircuts5:00-8:00pm/FREE-Tips Welcomed
• October 29th-Halloween Party 11am/$5.00-Register by 10/24
• November 8th-Senior Market 12:30-2:00pm
• November 9th-Senior Sock Hop 11am/$5.00
• November 12th-Veterans Day Party 11am/$5.00-Register by 11/7
• November 14th-Senior Haircuts 10:00-1:30pm/FREE-Tips Welcomed
• November 20th-Senior Market 12:30-2:00pm
• November 22nd-THANKSGIVING CAFE CLOSED
• November 23rd-Thanksgiving Party 11am/$5.00-Register by 11/14
• November 28th-Movie Day 11:15am/FREE
• December 6th-Senior Market 12:30-2:00pm
• December 11th-Senior Haircuts 5:00-8:00pm/FREE-Tips Welcomed
• December 12th-Movie Day 11:15am/FREE
• December 20th-Senior Market 12:30-2:00pm
• December 24th-CAFE CLOSED
• December 25th-CHRISTMAS DAY CAFE CLOSED
• December 31st-CAFE CLOSED
• January 2nd-New Year's Day Party 11:00am $5.00 register by 12/26
• January 15th- Movie Day 11:15am/FREE
• February 4th-Super Bowl Party 11:00am $5.00 register by 1/30
• February 15th-Valentine's Day Party 11:00am $5.00 register by 2/6